Thursday, May 3, 2012

Zonta!


Part of the reason I was there, was to accept two lovely cheques - one for the YWCA Encore program and one for the YWCA She program.  Both cheques were very gratefully received and will go a long way towards helping women in both programs - so thank you Zonta for your hard work!

Last night, SW and myself went along to the Para District Zonta Clubs handover dinner at the Adelaide Manor.  It has been a few years since we dinned out at this facility and I don't know why! The food and service was very good.  (Would of licked the plate if it hadn't been bad manners! LOL)  
Zonta do a lot of things in the community that I was not aware of (some I knew - that's why I was there).  One of the things is that they make quilts for two areas of charity - Accident and Emergency unit at the Women and Children's hospital - for the children who need comfort, and the Northern Domestic Violence Unit - for the women at varying stages of their new life after violence.  The two pics below are some of the wonderful work these ladies (and non-members of Zonta) do.
Part of the reason I was there was to accept two cheques on behalf of the YWCA.  One is for the Encore program and the other for the SHE program.  Both cheques were gratefully received and will be used very well for the women involved in these programs.

The other reason I was there was to see my friend Adrienne be inducted as the new President of the Para Districts Club! Well done Adrienne!! (sorry its not a flash photo - Adrienne is on the left!)
So a good night was had by all I think! 

See you on the same channel soon!!! xx

1 comment:

Shay said...

Amazing work and such a worthy cause.