Thursday, June 12, 2008

The first hand appliqued Baltimore style quilt I made many years ago. Still has a place on the wall - except Christmas time when I hang something else up. Had another one there for a while but took it down for Christmas and it has been lost in the wild blue quilters yonder.......



"Batimore Test" is what I think I will call this one.

I have been teaching others how to do the various types of applique - an interesting project. There is a mistake there too that hasn't been fixed!!! The patterns were picked from different books.


Splurged out here and did a Block of the Month from Leesa at Chandlers Cottage. Just got to add the sleeve now. Had it pinned up on the wall to decide where I am going to put it. Great quilt to do, it's 3d so some of the flowers stick out.
If you like button hole applique, this is one you
HAVE to do. Designed by Michele Hill of Adelaide
called William Morris Floral Sampler.

Tis the first one of Micheles quilts that I have done and loved the finished item. I am now doing another two of Micheles patterns with a couple of others on the shelf calling to me :)



Quilty Gal bought the pattern for this miniature as a gift many years ago. Great little project to do. Dimensions are about 10" square and a need to have quite a bit of patience. Loved the challenge.





....and finally for today.... the quilt that Quilty Gal made me for my 40th Birthday!!! To quote " Good friends are like Old Quilts, they never lose their warmth" and on the back "they just get faded and smelly!"




Well I hope I didn't fade too much or get too smelly!!!!




Now it is time for bed and the beauty sleep (God knows I need it!!!) and some energy for tomorrow as its "Slobs and Snobs" day - can't wait......


5 comments:

Helz said...

Hello There Valerie... Just popped over from Quiltygal's to Welcome you to Blogland! Great bunch of Bloggers to meet & any *Spare Time* you thought you may have had goes out the Window!!! Your work is absolutely awesome... I'm seeing what Quiltygal means..LOL. Gotta go have a closer look @ your Baltimore's - I adore them but have never been game enough to attempt one........

Angelines Artero said...

Beautiful blog. Could you put a translator in your blog? Regards from Spain

quiltygal said...

nahhhh dont think much of any of them (HEHE)'cept the last one great work good humour what more do you want??? :)

Levin said...

wow - your work is amazing. i can't ever imagine getting to your standard!
it was lovely to meet you today - hopefully we can do it again one day....
l
x

Leanne said...

Hi Val, It was great to meet today ????? is your header photo Moonta Bay.