Monday, July 7, 2008

Twas a dark and stormy night....

ca....and the wind was blowing about....we've just had the wettest day for quite some time here in SA!! Wonder how full our dams are for the summer???


This is how our little Rose managed to keep warm!!! All tucked into a quilt :) She is not as evil as she looks...well, not most of the time!

Now that I have finished and posted the Postcard Swap and the Cupcake and Tea Swap, I thought I would blog the pic so you can all see what they look like (if you are the recipient, please look away now )
Didn't manage to do too much sewing on Saturday and Sunday. Had a "in-house nursing home" day Sunday with my Mum :)
Got the sewing room tidied!!! wooo hooo!!! found some bits and pieces that I thought had gone to the big quilting cloud in the sky:)
Well, off to do some hand sewing now, nearly finished Mum and Dads 50th Anniversary gift....

6 comments:

Gina said...

I'm glad someone else is getting stormy weather. The only difference between our winter weather and what we are getting now is that the rain is warmer. LOL

love and hugs Gina xx

Knot Garden said...

It's been very wet here as well the last couple of days. Typical English weather - changeable!
It's always nice to rediscover fabrics and things you'd forgoten about. I like to have a tidy sewing room but it doesn't seem to stay that way for long :)

Kris said...

Wasn't the rain great? I loved it! Sewing rooms rule - tidy or not!!!

Unknown said...

How exciting that you have finished your cupcake ;-) the brown paper box looks jolly exciting!

Brenda said...

What a neat picture of your cat. I love the way they become a part of our quilting (from start to finish)! I need to tidy up my sewing room today. Have a great day!

bubbles said...

margaret said:it is good to see your hair is getting longer and you are looking well. At the moment it is freezing and i am in Bathurst as you can tell.Hope you are going to have a good time in England Hubby is making his houses.how is the MG going finish yet? thank you for your letter and your blog address Claire has set me a site on the internet Say hello to your Mum dad for me

love and bon voyage
margaret xx