Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What a weekend we had...

...lots of stitching and eating and drinking (coffee :) ) and more stitching!!! There was QuiltyGal (Claire), Kay (one of the Snobs and Slobs) and myself who joined in a wonderful weekend at Westminster School for the "Inspired Stitches" conference organised by Sarah from Quilt Fabric Delights in South Australia. We enjoyed the teachings and company of Janelle Wind, Rosalie Quinlan, Melanie Hurlston and Leanne Beasley along with about 100 other like minded women (well...maybe not so like minded as myself!) I would like to say a big thank you to the girls for coming to SA and spending some valuable time with us all. We then had a surprise visit from Gail Pan on the Sunday which was lovely too! The rains came down with the vengeance we haven't seen for quite a lot of months (or years for that matter) but we were all kept warm and well fed and watered over the weekend. So thanks very much Sarah for your effort in co-ordinating this event!! Below are some of the projects that were on display and up for the doing if you were so inspired!! I managed to get couple of pars to two projects completed (of course!!! I hear some of you saying) My Dear Friend needed a hand along the way so one of the delightful ladies on our table offered to help by hand feeding Claire her lunch on Sunday so that she didnt have to stop sewing!!! And just to clarify that I am "not" perfect ( as some may think) I did a boo boo on one of my projects and managed to sew three layers of fabric together in one of the stitcheries!! Might not have to back that one at the end.... The next pic is of fellow bloggers who were at the gathering... they are Leanne, Amanda, Lorraine, Dawn, Marcia, Chris, Me and in front Kelly and Claire Tonight, SW and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary!!! Can you believe it???? I ponder on where the time has gone......at least I have achieved one thing.....he puts his washing in the basket now!!! LOL
Will leave you with that thought, till next time, keep smiling and stitching......

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

It was a lovely weekend.....!.was Claire being handfed or was someone trying to get her to stop talking...LOL....I did hear about your new way to eliminate having to line a project...well done!

Leanne said...

It was good to sit and stitch watching all the lovely rain outside.
I expect you will be finished those 2 projects in no time.

Kelly said...

Congrats on your 25th Wedding Anniversary. What a fantastic achievement :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there Valerie, Thanks so much for your comment on the blog and for sharing such a fabulous weekend with us. I had a complete blast and I hope you did too =] Also - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! what a great achievement and I hope a huge celebration. Take care, Melly.

quiltygal said...

Looks like Louise was trying to take my false teeth out lol